Today I start teaching a new graduate class at Elon iMedia in SEO, Analytics and Social Media. I think on the surface, it’s tough to see how they go together. But they surely do.
In the first session, I’ll be going through this presentation, but here’s the tldr version:
- Search engines want traffic so people see ads
- A businesses want people to find and do that businesses’ things
- People want to find and do things online.
- People use search and social referral to find and do things
- If you want to get paid to put stuff on the web, you have to know how to make that stuff resonate in social media and rank on search.
- You also have to be able to prove your value to your boss.
Hence, this class.