My university is on a funny schedule, so our spring classes just started yesterday.* My graduate class on SEO/Analytics/Social Media gets underway today and here’s what’s on the plate this semester. I’ll be doing posts on these topics over the next few months.
- Most things you think you know about SEO aren’t true any more
- You have no control over changes to search engine algorithms. Develop an industry surveillance technique and use it.
- Online reputation is hard to build and easy to lose
- The most important thing you can do is have clear goals for why and with whom you are communicating
- The next most important thing is to make it about your audience
- Quality content matters
- Measure what you value and value those measurements
- Dealing with real clients who have real problems and real audiences is always messier than you think it should be. Flexibility matters.